NextGen Air Transportation
Center in Planning
NextGen Air Transportation (NGAT) Center at the Institute for Transportation Research and Education (ITRE) at North Carolina State University is a non-profit partnership with academia, industry, and the government focused on developing and evaluating improvements to existing and anticipated air traffic control, airspace management, airport and airspace system capacity, surface traffic management, and flight safety.
The NGAT website is currently undergoing revision to reflect updates in the Center's mission and goals. In the meantime, if you have questions about the NGAT Center, please contact the director.
NGAT Center in the News
- Prospect of drones in NC has backers, opponents buzzing - WRAL.com (Raleigh), January 17, 2014
- Sowing the seeds for agricultural UAVs - Aviation Week & Space Technology, November 25, 2013 (subscriber access only)
- First in the Future of Flight - Bulletin (Raleigh), November 7, 2013
- NC State steps up drone testing ahead of 2015 launch - News & Observer (Raleigh), October 27, 2013
- First in drones? NC hopes remote-aircraft industry takes flight - News and Observer (Raleigh), June 24, 2012
Director, NGAT Center
Institute for Transportation Research and Education (ITRE)
North Carolina State University
Centennial Campus, Box 8601
Raleigh, NC 27695-8601
Google Voice: 919-727-4873